Intro to Theology
If you’ve been around the Christian faith for a while but still aren’t sure why you believe what you believe, this class if for you. Theology’s a loaded word, but it’s not as scary as it sounds! Really, it’s just thinking and talking through questions that help you understand why you believe what you believe.
The “Intro to Theology” class isn’t about gaining Biblical knowledge, it’s about asking the right questions. In the class, we’ll think through big questions like:
- Why are there so many Protestant denominations?
- Am I a theologian?
- What are the different views of truth?
- Does God still speak today
- If I don’t brush my teeth, will God prevent them from falling out?
And many more that you have.
The style of the class is very interactive and conversational, and the conversation will be guided through the course material. The material we cover is from an official theology class that, if taken in a more structured environment, would actually give you credits toward a seminary degree. It’s legit.
You may be wondering: Is there any homework? There is NO HOMEWORK.
- We will meet at the Oak City Church building on Sunday nights starting at September 23 at 6:30pm.
- The class is $40 per person, or $60 per couple. (Your $40 will be refunded if you drop the class after 4 weeks)
- The class is 10 weeks and will meet one night per week.
- If childcare is an issue, we’ll look into having childcare provided.
So, ready to take the plunge? Sign up here.