If you’ve taken the Intro to Theology class and are ready to dig a little deeper, this class is for you. We’ll tackle bibliology questions like:
- What is the Bible?
- Where did it come from?
- How has it been transmitted?
- Can you trust it?
Then we’ll dive into whether there is a “right” way to read it and how have folks read it before us (that’s hermeneutics).
Specifically, we’ll cover:
- Course Introduction and Authority
- Sola Scriptura
- Transmission of Scripture
- Canonization of Scripture (OT)
- Canonization of Scripture (NT)
- Proving Inspiration
- History of Interpretation
- Historical-Grammatical Interpretation
- We will meet at the Oak City Church building on Sunday nights at 6:30pm.
- The class is $40 per person, or $60 per couple. (Your $40 will be refunded if you drop the class after 4 weeks)
- The class is 10 weeks and will meet one night per week.
- If childcare is an issue, we’ll look into having childcare provided.